Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Panic In The Polytunnel.

'Portugal' my polytunnel, plastic office, potting shed and "escape from the missus" garden room was playing at 'Scorchio'  and "we wish it was the Algarve" yesterday.

The poor Broccoli plants that we (me) had transplanted and potted on started to wilt and wanted a Siesta or even a lie down in the afternoon.  So what would I do?

I planted them outside in the veg plot.   Then we made a cloche out of old plastic water pipes and a cut down plastic corrugated sheet.

Yes folk it's another one of my tight wads:

 "how to mek it for nowt"

 Gardening series again.  

Here goes:

Hmm..  Well yeah.  Tiz a little bit industrial, nay out of a builders skip.  The ends are closed in with old manure (fertilizer) bags to keep the 'flickers' out like slugs and snails and other 'wee beasties'.  Weighed down with Cornus or Dogwood twigs in plant pots.


Yet again I display my City and Guilds Apprentice in Allotments ' Make Do And Mend' certificate.  The University  Of Life that is vegetable growing:





I checked on the Broccoli plants progress this very morn.  

"Mr and Mrs Broccoli had a quiet night and are doing  very well".  

Thank you Matron.

Heath Robinson eat your heart out!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar