It's time for more repeats - I mean "classics" - from the past! Tomorrowland is the theme today.
I just loved the wonderful Rocket Jets (in a picture from 1974), set way up atop the Peoplemover loading platform. You were a good two stories up before you even "took off"! Does anybody know if the Rocket Jets were the same exact mechanism as the earlier Astro Jets? It almost looks the same to me, just covered up with lots of awesome faux-NASA theming. Notice the stage in the background (to our left) with its pre-Bicentennial theme. I also like how you can see that the roofs of the Peoplemover cars are angled up, which automatically happened while it was in the load area. (Photo first posted in 2009)
Originally posted in 2008, here's a very nice shot of the blue Monorail as it waits at the Tomorrowland station (notice the Santa Fe logos). Right below it is the load area for the Submarine Voyage. This bright sunny picture (from 1963) is definitely "postcard worthy".
And finally, here's a very rare photo taken inside the "America the Beautiful" attraction (circa 1968). I love the bold graphic banners for each state, hanging overhead. Among the displays are "A Touch of Tomorrow" and "Hear Your Own Voice". I remember sitting on one of those benches while a hostess impressed everyone with her encyclopedic knowledge of area codes!

0 Yorumlar